Monday, March 17, 2008

My Views on Crews

I couldn't resist putting this picture (which i found here) of the peanuts crew in after reading the blog on how to pick your million dollar crew.


Everyone has a "crew". Through the years I've had several crews who I associated myself with, from my preschool crew, where we controlled the sand box, to my current crew where we patrol for girls and go wild at basketball games (see this link for details).


Being an athlete I always have a crew to roll with. Running is an individual sport but there is the team aspect of running relays and cross country is very team oriented. To be a good crew (team) member I feel you have to be flexible. Some times your roll with be differnent in various situations. You have to be aware of your strengths and the strengths of those in your crew so you can set eachother up for success.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You definitely need to be flexible to be a good team member. I see too many groups fall a part because one of the members becomes unyielding in the views and doesn't compromise with the rest of the group.

Brian said...

not only be flexible but be open to others ideas. pass the ball yo unlike garrison he wants the damn ball. But yeah we just need to all put that extra effort in getting it done and getting it done earlier.

Ashley M said...

flexibility is key. Watching out for those who become distant/passive etc. withing a group environment is also key.

Being a leader of a group or a co-leader the ability to foresee this obstacle could be a main function in the success of the crew as a whole.